Monday, June 11, 2007

100 miles to go

Westy met the guys at Cuero 236 which is 160 miles in and their spirits were still high and TC's night time checkpoint entry Tarzan impression is still as funny as when he first did it and completely beguiles the locals! The deadline for that checkpoint is 10pm today so we are still maintaining great time and have under 100 miles to go. We have just received some invaluable information about the last hurdle,the Bay Crossing which we are going to update the guys on. Dauman, Westy and I are heading to the next checkpoint armed with water, ice and some cracking motivational banter. At the moment I'd say there is a good liklihood that the guys will finish the race but the next couple of hours are very important.

I don't think I explained why Dauman and I left the boat - Dauman suffered from heatstroke and my exit was planned - basically my role was to 'Beast it' until we had broken the back of the race and then leave. Dauman's heatstroke has left him somewhat jaded but after numerous litres of water he's now back to 46 percent and rising. More illliterate updates to come.

No comments: